Below is a list of upcoming pickleball tournaments — local, regional and statewide. Contact and registration information for each will be posted as the event approaches. Or check out the calendar to the right which includes the club’s meetings and social events.
• 2nd Annual Western Slope Pickleball Club Tournament (WSPC members only) — April 7, 2018, GJ Lincoln Park Pickleball Complex – Free for members. Divisions: 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, and 4.5+ Women and Men’s Doubles, only. There will NOT be a Mixed Doubles category. Double elimination format. Deadline to register is March 23. Register by emailing George Gerson at G20520@aol.com – include your name and your partner’s name, and bracket. Everyone who registers for the tournament will automatically be entered to win a Selkirk pickleball paddle. The club will be giving away two of them.
• Gunnison Western Slope Regional Pickleball Tournament — May 12-13, 2018, Gunnison, CO. Registration/info: Daniel Vollendorf, City of Gunnison, 970-641-8122, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Grand Junction Western Slope Regional Pickleball Tournament — May 19-20, 2018, GJ Lincoln Park Pickleball Complex. Register with Grand Junction Parks & Rec. at (970) 254-3866. Deadline to register is May 7. Cost is $35 for all divisions. Lunch both days included. Event is presented by Rocky Mountain Health Plans. Learn more HERE.
• Montrose Western Slope Regional Pickleball Tournament — June 2-3, 2018, Montrose, CO. Info/registration: Cindy Marino, Montrose Rec. District, 970-252-4884, email@example.com. Learn more HERE.
• Doubles Dual – Pickleball & Golf Fundraiser for WSPC — June 16, 2018, Grand Junction, CO. Morning pickleball; afternoon 9-holes of golf/2-person scramble at LP golf course. $60/person. Max is 18 teams. Members and nonmembers are invited. No experience in either sport is necessary. Register HERE.
• Cañon City Classic Pickleball Tournament — June 16, 2018, Rouse Park, Cañon City, CO. Round robin format. $25/person. Mens/Womens/Mixed Doubles. Learn more and register HERE.
• Colorado Pickleball Open — June 22-24, 2018, Apex Simms Street Center in Arvada, CO. A USAPA membership is required. Singles and doubles play, all skill levels and age groups. Contact tournament directors: Tim Kuss at TGKuss@comcast.net at 303-346-7209; or Ken Lehman at firstname.lastname@example.org; 303-882-0731. More information HERE.
• Steamboat Western Slope Regional Pickleball Tournament — July 14-15, 2018, at The Tennis Center, 2500 Pine Grove Rd., Steamboat Springs, CO. Cost $50/person covers all events. Skill level 3.0+, men’s/women’s/mixed. Deadline to register is July 6. Download registration form HERE. Registration/info: 970-879-8400, email@example.com
• Rocky Mountain State Games — July 21-22, 2018, Monument Valley Park, Colorado Springs, CO. Register deadline is June 30, 2018. Men’s and women’s doubles and mixed doubles; age divisions from 19-80+. All skill levels 3.0-5.0. Register: Tracie McCray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Deltarado Days Sweet 16 — July 22, 2018, Bill Heddles Rec Center, Delta, CO. Skill levels: 3.5-4.0. Register: Maxine Behrman at email@example.com.
• 6th Annual Durango Western Slope Regional Pickleball Tournament — Aug. 3-5, 2018, Durango, CO. Skill levels 3.0+, men’s, women’s and mixed. More information HERE. Info: Durango Parks & Rec., 970-375-7324, firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to register July 23.
• Vail Western Slope Regional Pickleball Tournament — Aug. 15-19, 2018, Golden Peak Pickleball Center, Vail, CO. Register deadline is June 30, 2018. Men’s and women’s doubles and mixed doubles, and men’s and women’s singles. Register/info: Jerry Stevens, Vail Recreation District, 970-471-3757 or email@example.com.
• Denise Pearson Memorial Pickleball Tournament — Aug. 25-26, 2018, Steamboat Tennis Center, Steamboat, CO. Skill level 3.0-5.0. Men’s and women’s doubles and mixed doubles. No age divisions. Registration details to come.
• Western Colorado Senior Games — Aug. 25-26, 2018, GJ Lincoln Park Pickleball Complex. Register with Grand Junction Parks & Rec. We’ll provide more information when the event gets closer.
• USAPA Great Plains Regional Tournament — Sept. 6-9, 2018, Monument Valley Park, Colorado Springs, CO. Deadline to register is Aug. 6, 2018. Men’s and women’s doubles and mixed doubles; also men’s and women’s singles. Ages 19+, Skill level: 3.0-5.0. $60 includes three events. $15 referee assessment fee.
• Carbondale Western Slope Regional Pickleball Tournament — Sept. 8-9, 2018, Carbondale, CO. Registration/info: Jessi Rochel, Carbondale Parks & Rec., 970-510-1290, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Battle of the Paddle 2018 — Sept. 27-30, 2018, Gypsum Creek Golf Course, Gypsum, CO. USAPA-sanctioned event. Requires membership in USAPA. $50 includes 1 event and goodie bag. Deadline to register: Sept. 15. Men’s, Women’s, Mixed Doubles 3.0-5.0. Registration/info: pickleballtournaments.com. Questions: James Main, tournament director, email@example.com or 253-226-5964. Read more HERE.
• Oktoberfest Tourney — Sept. 29-30, 2018, Bill Heddles Rec Center, Delta, CO. Double elimination. Men’s and women’s doubles and mixed doubles. Register: Maxine Behrman at firstname.lastname@example.org.