Tao’s Summer Intensive Training Program
UPDATE: As of June 6, 2017, Tao’s training program is full. Due to the high interest, he will be planning to do another program. Stay tuned.
Available to Western Slope Pickleball Club Members who have paid their dues for the club’s fiscal year starting June 1, 2017.
WHAT: Tao’s Summer Intensive Pickleball Training
WHEN: June 22 – July 21, 2017
WHO: 28 committed players are needed to get this summer program started — 8 players for 3.0; 8 players for 3.5; 8 players for 4.0; and 4 players for 4.5+
INSTRUCTOR: Tao Thongvanh, pro player and drilling coach
GOAL: Improve your individual skill is the first priority
This program is only for dedicated players who take Pickleball seriously. This program, at this time, is only for players ranging from 3.0-4.5+. Players will practice an average of 5 hours per week for a total of 20 hours of week of intense pickleball training.
Click HERE for the date and time for classes.
1. Runs June 22 through July 21, 2017. Schedule: 8 a.m.-12 p.m. and 4-8 p.m. Mon-Fri; and 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Sat-Sun (class times depend on skill level you are in)
2. 4 private lessons (1-on-1) for one hour each week.
Drilling of basic shots, over and over if necessary
Understanding the purpose of each shot
Bad shots vs. smart shots
Learning new skills and tricks
Lots of footwork and positioning practice
3. 8 hours of “structured” match play within your skill level, including coaching, play-by-play analysis, strategies, and shot selections
4. 8 hours of clinics
5. Broken down by week: Each player will be getting one private lesson, 2 hours of match play, and a 2-hour clinic. Schedule is designed to ensure continuous practice.
6. Each player will get a final written evaluation of progress
7. Some players may also be asked to take an extra lesson if Tao deems it necessary, at no extra cost; up to two more if needed
8. Out-of-town members will have priority on weekends
9. You are not, in any way, obligated to attend all sessions, even though you have paid for them.